At Grampound with Creed, we are passionate about the wellbeing of our staff and pupils. Our school pets have a soothing presence, help us to understand responsibility and have a positive impact on our mental health. Animals - and caring for them - are known to help people with anxiety and stress.
- Motivate children to think and to learn, as they have a high level of natural interest, enthusiasm and enjoyment of animals.
- Encourage a respect and reverence for life in children and thereby improve their relationships with their peers, parents and teachers.
- Foster a sense of responsibility in children.
- Teach children to nurture and respect life.
- Improve academic achievement.
At Grampound with Creed CofE School, we aim to promote good practice in animal care. Children are taught correct procedures in handling and caring for animals under the direct supervision of adults and they are encouraged to take a shared responsibility for the care of the animals. Children are taught how to interact gently with our school pets.
Sensible measures are taken to reduce the risk of infection to the children and to staff. For more information about our school pets, please read the Pets Policy and Risk Assessments.